Saturday 10 April 2010

In search of the magic colour.

No time for painting today as too busy expanding my every growing studio stuff. I have been introduced to a really magic colour by Gary while having my art lessons. Just couldn't move on with the painting without it so we have driven to the amazing art shop in Bezier just to buy a tube of it. While we were there Jonathan decided that I should have a wooden box for my tubes of paint, another easel, and some more paint brushes.( you can never have enough paint brushes. The weather is so hot today that we ate lunch outside at a Guingette, (cafe by the side of the canal)then walked along the canal enjoying the sunshine.
Four paintings on the go now; three oil paintings and one Acrylic. what fun I am having here practising all of my new painting skills. I am missing my arty Friend Cherry and look forward to the summer exhibitions in England. It seems that Cherry will have some interesting skills to teach me as she has advise coming on how to display her work effectively. Very practical.

2 comments:

  1. magic colours and art lessons - and new painting skills - how exciting can't wait to see ..................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw you were following my blog so thought I would pop along to yours. You sound like you are full of enthusiasm and four paintings at once now that is multitasking per excellance. Look forward to seeing some of those.

    ReplyDelete